As you are aware the COVID- 19 rapidly changing information has directly impacted our daily operations as well as teaching and learning.
Importantly, our steps are always in the interest of the safety and welfare of our school community and our ambition of trying to minimise / slow the spread of the virus where possible.
From Tuesday May 26 the David Scott School will begin to resume some face to face classes for our students. This will be a gradual return to onsite learning and in line with the timetable included in the Covid-19 Parent Letter Return to School sent to all parents. The School is adopting the protective measures outlined by the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our students, teachers, staff and families. Additional measures being put in place by the School include;
- Temperature checking for all students as they enter the School site
- Cleaning and disinfecting of frequently used high-touch surfaces regularly throughout the day
- Reminding students to wash hands and using hand sanitiser when entering school and at regular intervals throughout the day. Hand sanitiser will be available in every classroom.
- Adhering to social distancing where possible
If your child is unwell, they must not come to school. You must keep them at home and away from others. We ask all parents to communicate with their young person how important it is to inform their teacher if they are feeling unwell during a school day.
Please also refer to the Covid-19 Parent Letter Return to School sent to all parents and posted to Compass for more detailed guidance and specified dates for the phased return to school.
In order to ensure clear communication between the school at this stage:
The school will reach out to all parents via:
– Compass – please use your login previously sent this term.
If you wish to communicate or discuss any concerns with the school:
Phone: (03) 8781 5911
School operations/hours: 8.30am – 4.30pm Mon-Fri.
Specific queries and contacts could also be provided and directed accordingly:
If you have a subject, assignment or resource enquiry contact Daniel O’Hara: email@example.com
If you have a technology-related problem. issue or enquiry contact Aaron Quarrell: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a personal, academic or social-emotional issue contact Stacey Bushell: email@example.com
If you have a finance, supplier payment or school administration query contact Craig Colgan: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Important links to encourage parents to stay informed via official information and avoid social media misinformation: